SD-M5 is the latest design smart doorbell camera which is perfectly compatible with Tuya Smart app and Smart Life app. The product employs a 1080p resolution camera that captures crystal clear video. It supports both wireless (2.4GHz/802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi) and Ethernet (10/100Mbps) connection. Comparing with other models, the product allows DC9-36V or AC 8-24V power input, it also can support Power over Ethernet function.
SD-M5 allows you to answer door anywhere anytime, once you have a visitor, it will notify you by sending the push notification alert. The product has a PIR sensor built-in can provide the extra protection for your home. Furthermore, the product is compatible with ( Amazon echo and GoogleHome) Smart home automation sys.
- Day & night video surveillance with Infrared LED
- Built-in microphone and speaker
- 2-way audio intercom
- Recording mode - manual, schedule, motion detection
- Built-in microSD/TF memory card slot (max.128GB)
- 2-megapixel CMOS image sensor
- 1080p FHD resolution, 25 frames per second
- Motion detection (Video analysis, 6-level sensitivity adjustment)
- Send push notification alerts to smartphone
- Compatible with Tuya Smart app and Smart Life app
- Ethernet 10/100M and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connection
- Power input DC12-36V/AC 8-24V
- IP55 weatherproof design
Other optional function by using supported accessories includes:
- Wireless USB indoor chime, making sound when doorbell rings.
- Wireless unlock module, unlock any kind of electronic door locks remotely through app.
How to connect/wire the doorbell:
- Method 1: running the Ethernet cable and power cable.
- Method 2: wiring the power cable, using Wi-Fi connection, ensuring the product is installed within Wi-Fi range
- Method 3: only running the Ethernet cable and using the included PoE injector. The PoE injector should both connect with a power adapter and the router/network switch.
- Method 4: only running the Ethernet cable and using the PoE injector, the injector only connects to power adapter.
How to install this smart doorbell?
The smart doorbell should be mounted 1.3-1.6 meter high from the ground on wall, avoid direct sunlight and rain, you're able to fix the product by using screws or simply using tape.
- Color: Black
- Core processor: Hisilicon Hi3518EV200
- Image sensor: SmartSens SC2235
- Effective resolution: 1920x1080
- Resolution format: HD (1920x1080), SD (1280x720), LD (640x360)
- Frame rate: 25fps
- Video compression: H.264/AVC
- OS: Huawei LiteOS
- Lens: 3.6mm full glass FHD lens
- Viewing angle: 150 degree
- Night vision: 10 meter
- Day/night: IR-CUT filter, auto day/night
- Audio: built-in microphone and speaker
- Audio function: 2-way talk/intercom
- Audio codec: G711 alaw
- Wireless network: 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz
- Ethernet: 10/100Mbps RJ45
- P2P: Gwell P2P technology
- Remote view: Tuya Smart App/ Smart Life app
- Storage: built-in microSD/SDHC/TF memory card slot
- Recording mode: full-time, schedule, motion detection
- Motion detection: 6-level sensitivity adjustable
- Push notification: up to 5 users to receive push notification
- Snapshot: sending snapshot to multiple emails (SMTP)
- Wireless frequency: 433MHz (communicating with wireless unlock module, USB chime receiver)
- Power input: DC 12-36V AC 8-24V
- Power supply: DC12V (AC/DC power adapter) included
- Optional function: remote unlock (by using wireless unlock module)
Question: Does this smart doorbell support two way audio?
Answer: Yes, the doorbell has microphone and speaker built-in to support two way audio.
Question: Brought the smart video door bell camera. Can you recommend a micro sd card which would be optimal to use? Is there a size limit? Or best way to format ie FAT32 , NTSF?
Answer: The doorbell supports most kind of microSD memory card. The speed should be Class 4 above, and there is no limitation on capacity. After insert the microSD card, you can format it through Tuya Smart app or Smart Life app. There is no need to format SD card by plugging it to USB port of your computer.
Question: The doorbell camera I purchased from you does not make the doorbell ring. The camera is powered with the doorbell power wires from the doorbell transformer and camera works well (although slow) but the inside doorbell does not ring. The outside camera will ring when the notice button (outside) is pushed, but the original interior doorbell does not chime. What is wrong?
Answer: If you've bought the wireless chime receiver, it should be paired with the camera(main unit) before use them. You can find the pairment tutorial from description page of the product.
Question: I am looking to buy your Tuya 1080p smart video doorbell (SD-M5). It says it supports PoE but can I just plug it into my PoE switch that is 802.3af compliant?
Tuya Smart / Smart Life doorbells do not support ONVIF Protocol. Tuya SD-M5 supports GoogleHome and Amazon Echo. It's recommended to connect it to a PoE switch. Alternatively, you can use the PoE injector (must be endspan).